Best American Healthcare University offers a management of Assaultive Behavior certification course online.
At the end of the class, the student will express a good understanding of the following:
(1) Meaning of Assault
(2) Types of Assaultive behaviors and their Causes
(3) General safety measures.
(4) Personal safety measures.
(5) The assault cycle.
(6) Aggression and violence predicting factors.
(7) Obtaining patient history from a patient with violent behavior.
(8) Characteristics of aggressive and violent patients and victims.
(9) Verbal and physical maneuvers to diffuse and avoid violent behavior.
(10) Strategies to avoid physical harm.
(11) Restraining techniques.
(12) Appropriate use of medications as chemical restraints.