Basic EKG (Dysrhythmia) Course for nurses & other healthcare professionals (online)
This course is approved for CE credits by the Board of Registered Nursing, CA as well as the Board of Vocational Nursing & Psychiatric Technicians, CA.
At the end of the course, a certificate of completion is emailed as well as mailed to the student.
In accordance with the Principles of Critical Care Nursing, the purpose of this course is to provide healthcare professionals with a detailed approach to cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation, as well as cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, electrophysiology and treatments of dysrhythmia. This course follows American Heart Association's ACLS guidelines.
- Describe the general anatomical structures of the heart.
- Identify the heart’s electrical properties
- Describe the right-versus the left-sided mechanical functions of the heart.
- Explain proper electrode placement for EKG monitoring.
- Identify the components of the normal EKG complex.
- Utilize the 5-step method for EKG interpretation.
- Identify the criteria for arrhythmias, clinical significance and treatment modalities.
- Identify the assessment sequence and techniques for pulmonary, cardiac and vascular diseases.
- Describe different types of vascular diseases and their complications.
- Outline diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Perform a 12 lead and right-sided EKG.
- Identify frequently used telemetry cardiac drugs, mechanism of action, side effects, adverse effects and nursing considerations.
This class is highly recommended for RNs and LPNs employed in telemetry, step-down units, CCU, ICU, and ER paramedics, EMTs, respiratory therapists, medical students and exercise physiologists. Please note that there are two packages available. Basic EKG which the student finishes in two weeks ($200) and the full EKG technician program which the student finishes in 8 weeks and sits for a national certification exam ($900).
Fill the form below to register below, choose your package and make your payment.
If you choose the Basic EKG,You will receive a link to the class within 8 business hours.
If you choose the Full EKG Technician program program, these are the details:
Course Duration: 8 weeks (Must be completed in 8 weeks)
Cost: $900 ($300 needed to start, then $150 every two weeks)
Fees include study Materials, national examination review and national certification exam fee.
How it works:
1. Register and pay the initial deposit of $300
2. Receive study materials at your doorstep within five business days
3. Take the program and the exam review with the help of an online instructor.(must be completed within 2 months)
4. Assignments are due every Tuesday.(Your online instructor will guide you)
5. Register for the national certification exam
6. Test at the nearest testing center to your zip code, usually within 30 miles from you.
7. Join hundreds of Dignity College of Healthcare graduates and Become a nationally certified healthcare professional!
STEP 1 Fill out the form below:
When you click the 'SEND' button, go ahead choose your package below. For basic EKG, pay the full amount for the course $200. You will receive an email within 8 business hours with the class link. For the full EKG Technician course, Pay the initial $300 below, you will pay $150 every two weeks.