MAB (Management of Assaultive/Aggresive Behavior) AB-508
Best American Healthcare University Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) certification course can be conveniently done online or in the classroom. Also known as AB 508 certification training, mab certification online or managing aggressive behavior is a training for healthcare professionals, teachers, law enforcement agents., and other individuals that come in contact with potential aggression.
Nurses, doctors and other healthcare professionals receive CE credits at the end of the course.
You can also pay at the school
Click below to purchase course
How online MAB course works:
1. Fill form and pay below,
2. Receive log in information in your email within few hours.
3. Take your class online. You have 14 days to finish your course. You can start the course and log out and log back in later or you can finish it at one time.
4. Print out certificate at the end of your course. Receive your card in your email within few hours as well.
5. Receive also a hard copy in the mail within 2 weeks.
2022 Crisis Intervention Course Outline
1. An overview of mental health. Wrong perceptions about mental health
2. Meaning of Crisis, meaning of Assault
3. Types of Crisis and their Causes, types of Assault and their causes
4. General safety measures.
5. Personal safety measures.
6. The assault cycle.
7. Aggression and violence predicting factors.
8. Obtaining patient history from a person with violent behavior.
9. Characteristics of aggressive and violent persons and victims.
10. Verbal and physical maneuvers to diffuse and avoid violent behavior.
11. Strategies to avoid physical harm.
12. Restraining techniques.
13. Appropriate use of medications as chemical restraints for healthcare workers.
14. Work violence prevention: How to Prepare for Workplace Violence, Identify the types of violence, Create a violence prevention plan, Consider insurance needs, Know the warning signs, Recognize risky situations, Encourage reporting, How to Respond to Workplace Violence, Active shooters, Suicidal employees, Domestic violence, Bomb or arson threats, Suspicious mail or packages
15. Communication Techniques: Verbal and Nonverbal Communication, Staff Fear and Anxiety
16. Crisis Prevention and Management for teachers: Possible crisis/conflict situations that could arise in the classroom, how to effectively evaluate the understanding of the topic taught, how to adapt educational topics to different target audiences, How to deal with the difficult student, Time Management in the classroom
How to maintain a professionally relaxed learning environment.
How to deal with different situations that could arise in the classroom, – Children, teenagers, and adult learners