Best American Healthcare University online surgical technician certification is accepted in the following 44 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. The remaining 6 states (GA, ID, OR, SC, TN, VA) depend on the facility.
Only 2 steps to apply:
1. Pay for the course below
2. Fill out the registration form
Cost: $2499 for Pre-surgical tech
$2499 for Surgical tech
You can pay on this website or call 951 637 8332 to pay over the phone
Since we have students taking this course from different states, each student is expected find an externship site to fulfill the hands-on practice after the program. We do not contract with scrubs facilities. See HPCT Scrub requirements
Please note that if you do not need the EKG Technician certificate, the cost is still the same. It is only a bonus.
Course Duration: 4 months (Extension request is available)
At the end of the program, student will graduate with these certifications:
1. EKG Technician (optional)
2. Surgical Technician
Each student must complete the Pre-Surgical Technician course in order to proceed to the Surgical Technician Course.
The pre-surgical Technician course could be waived for some individuals who provide supporting documents to the school.
Surgical Technician Training & Certification Online
Best American Healthcare University offers Surgical Technician Program Online. Register with Confidence and attend a nationally accredited, but affordable program. In just 4 months, you can finish with two certifications (An Electrocardiogram Technician and a Surgical technician from the school) without a loan on your neck!
BAHU online surgical technician training is far superior to other online surgical Technician programs because it includes the training and exam review for the EKG technician and a comprehensive, but simple tailored program for the Surgical Technician. So a completion of our course enables the graduate to practice as an EKG Technician in any State of the United States, as well as practice as a Surgical Tech in any state.
The EKG tech course is offered as a bonus for surgical tech students who need the EKG bonus. However, the fees for the surgical Tech exam (see fees schedule) as well as the EKG Technician exam are NOT included in the fees. It is the student's responsibility to apply for and pay for the national certification exams if they wish to take the exam.
Best American Healthcare College is an institution approved to offer courses in the United states, hence our certificate of completion is valid for work even without going for the outside exam certification. However for students who need the national exam certifications, we recommend the EKG and Surgical Tech national certification exam through Healthcare Professionals Competency Testing HPCT.
See Healthcare Professionals Competency Testing (HPCT) fee schedule. Student are free to choose another certifying agency. Students who choose HPCT would be able to sit for the surgical tech national exam at the end of the course work before completing the scrubs. They will receive the school certificate of completion as well as the national certificate after passing exam with HPCT.
Only 2 steps to apply:
1. Pay for the course on this page or call the school to pay over the phone
2. Fill out the registration form
Some of our many clients
Click on a button below to pay.
You can also call 951 637 8332 and pay over the phone
How it works:
1. Register, choose your payment options and pay
2. Receive the study materials at your doorstep within five business days
3. Take the program and the exam review with the help of an online instructor (Pre-Surgical Tech ( first 2 months ), Surgical Tech (Next 2 months) . After the surgical tech course completion, request for the optional EKG Technician course at no extra cost.
4. Assignments are due every week. (Plan for a minimum of 8 hours of study each week)
5. Register for the national certification exam
6. Test with HPCT from your computer with a proctor monitoring you on web cam.
7. Join hundreds of Best American Healthcare University graduates and become a nationally certified healthcare professional!
8. Since we have students taking this course from different states, each student is expected to find an externship site to fulfill the hands-on practice after the program.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is Best American Healthcare University Accredited?
YES, we are nationally accredited (authorized to offer the surgical technician certification course as well as other courses) under the 'low tuition, no government funding' category. We are a legit school, authorized to offer healthcare certificate programs in the United States. Register with confidence.
2. Is the surgical tech certification acceptable in my state?
YES, Please check your state below for possible restrictions.
Best American Healthcare College online surgical technician certification is accepted in the following 41 states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. The remaining 9 states not mentioned depends on the facility.
3. Do I need to complete my scrub hours before sitting for the surgical tech national certification exam?
NO. You are able to sit for your national certification exam immediately after course completion and receive your certificate if you choose to certify with HPCT. Every certifying agency is however, different.
4. Do I need to take the EKG Tech course?
No, the EKG Technician course is a bonus we offer to all surgical tech students who need it at no extra cost.
5. Do I need to take the Pre-Surgical Tech course?
YES, each student is required to take the pre-surgical tech course before the Surgical Tech. If you feel you have grounds for exemptions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your supporting documents for possible consideration.
6. Are there specific times I need to be online?
NO, Our course is designed for busy individuals. You log in and log out at your own pace and time.
7. How do I find a place for externship?
Complete your course and approach surgery centers or hospitals with your completion certificate and national certificate. We do not assist with internship location securement. Some facilities hire our students without the scrubs completion and have them complete the scrubs as their orientation.
8. Can I complete my scrubs where I work?
YES, we do NOT control where you complete your scrubs. It is the responsibility of each student to find their externship place and complete their scrub hours.
9. How do I sign up?
Only 2 steps: 1. Pay. 2. Fill out the registration form on this page.
10. How do I know where I am sitting for the national exam?
If you choose HPCT, You can actually test from your computer on your exam date with your proctor monitoring you on web cam.
11. Why does BAHU use Healthcare Professionals Competency Testing for certification?
We use HPCT exam certification because it is accepted in the 50 states. 9 out of the 50 states would depend on the employers. The remaining 41 states readily accept it. HPCT would also allow you to test from your computer while an exam proctor monitors you from their location. This has been proven to be more convenient for our students who are located all over United States.
12. How many students enroll into Best American Healthcare College?
In Over a decade of operation, we have graduated over 10,000 students working in different Unites States territories as well as some parts of Canada
13. What if I do not complete my course in 4 months?
4 months is the recommended time of completion. Students can always request for an extension. However, if student fails to complete the course within 10 months of registration, He/she is subject to $300 re-enrollment fee.