Online Medical Assistant
Register with confidence because our online medical assistant program curriculum is nationally accredited and a student that successfully completed this program is eligible to sit for the national certification exams.
Best American Healthcare University Clinical Medical Assistant program is nationally accredited. It is a 480 hour program. Because we have students taking this course all over the United States, each student would be responsible for finding their externship sites . At the end of the program study, the student will be eligible to sit for the national certification exams for:
1. Medical Administrative Assistants
2. Clinical Medical Assistants.
Price: (Medical Administrative Assistant) $2400 plus $2400 (Clinical Medical Assistant) = $4800
A student can take The Medical Administrative Assistant (front office) Course alone, but cannot take the Clinical Medical Assistant course without the Medical Front office course.
Medical Administrative Assistant & Clinical Medical Assistant ONLY ($4800)
Medical Assistant COMBO (3 courses in one: Medical Administrative Assistant $2400 plus EKG Technician $2400 plus Clinical Medical Assistant $2400 offered at a discounted rate of $6000 for the 3 courses.
Study from the comfort of your own home, use a nearby clinic for your hands-on training, avoid commuting everyday and still earn 2 or 3 national certifications (depending on the option you choose) in:
1. EKG Technician
2. Medical Administrative Assistant
3. Clinical Medical Assistant
Online Medical Assistant
Course Duration for Medical Assistant COMBO: 6 Months
How it works:
1. Register and subscribe below for bi-weekly billing of $200 or $300 according to your choice (payment stops after payment is received in full) OR pay in full
2. Receive study materials at your doorstep within 5 business days
3. Take the program and exam review with the help of an online instructor.
4. Assignments are due every week (Our online platform is student-friendly)
5. Complete the course and Register for the national certification exam through HPCT. www.nationalhpct.com
6. Test from the comfort of your home with a healthcare professionals competency testing monitoring you with exam monitoring devices
5. Join hundreds of Best American Healthcare University in becoming nationally certified.
Medical Assistant Training and Certification Online Program
Best American Healthcare University offers Medical Assistant Program Online. Register with Confidence and attend a nationally accredited, but affordable program. In just 6 months, student can finish with three certifications (An Electrocardiogram Technician, Medical Administrative and clinical Medical assistant) without a loan on your neck. Our affordable program is phone-friendly and customized for busy people.
BAHU online medical assistant training is far superior to other online medical assisting programs because it includes the training and exam review or the national certification exams. So a completion of our course enables the graduate to practice as an EKG Technician, Medical administrative assistant or a clinical medical assistant in any United States territory.
As a Medical Assistant you will be in high demand.
You will succeed when you study at Best American Healthcare University!
Below are the 15 top reasons students study to become a medical assistant with us.
1) One of the LOWEST PRICE medical assistant training programs
.2) No High School Diploma or GED required to join our medical assistant class.
3) Our curriculum is nationally accredited. Our medical assistant graduates succeed.
4) Not only is our medical assistant tuition low, you can pay as you go. Custom payments are accepted
5) Program is channeled towards helping you gain the knowledge you need as well as pass the National Certification Exam.
6) Our school is approved to test with Healthcare Professionals Competency Testing (A National Credentialing Organization)
7) We are small enough to give personal one-on-one training, but large enough to be a nationally respected institution.
8) Our online learning platform is user-friendly and offers a personalized learning environment.
9) Our medical assistant course is always updated to meet current industry standards.
15) Our medical assistants graduate with 2 or 3 certifications; front office, back office & EKG Technician. So, they can even work in hospitals with the EKG Technician Certification or as unit clerks with the Medical Administrative certification. WE CARE! We will bring out the best in you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the role of a medical assistant?
Medical Assistants have always played an important role in physicians' offices, clinics, and other facilities where health care services are offered on an outpatient basis. With the changes in health care, the onset of managed care, and the explosion of knowledge and technology in medicine, physicians' offices as well as health care agencies are looking for well trained medical assistants.
Can you give me a little detail of what my duties will be as a medical assistant?
We train the student in both the front and back office duties.
Although clinical duties vary, they will include but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control
Prepare and assist with examinations, procedures, and treatments
Obtain patient history and vital signs
Collect and process specimens
Perform or assist with diagnostic tests, including performing an EKG.
Taking blood for examination (Phlebotomy)
Performing certain lab tests
Screen and follow patient test results
Maintain medication and immunization records
Adhere to established triage procedures
Coordinate patient care information with other health care providers
Administrative duties include but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
Basic clerical duties
Schedule, coordinate, and monitor scheduling
Schedule inpatient/outpatient procedures and admissions
Perform medical transcription
Perform procedural and diagnostic coding
Obtain reimbursement through accurate claims (insurance) submission
Monitor and follow-up on third-party (insurance) reimbursement
Apply bookkeeping principles
Document and maintain accounting and banking records
Manage accounts payable, accounts receivables, and payroll
Professionally manage telephone responsibilities
Receive, organize, prioritize, and transmit written and verbal communications and information
What is the current JOB OUTLOOK for medical assistants?
Medical Assistants generally work in outpatient settings which are expected to grow much faster than average during the next 10 years spurring the demand for flexible support personnel.
What are the specific duties of Medical Assistants?
A Medical assistant is an unlicensed multi-skilled health professional who offers administrative, clerical and technical support to the physician. Medical assistants provide services for front office, back office and other clinical laboratory areas. Medical assisting is a versatile career for men and women because it provides services in the offices of physicians, podiatrists, chiropractors and other health practitioners to work smoothly. They are not like physician assistants who diagnose and treat patients under direct control of physician, instead, they depend on the specialty of practitioner.
Medical assistants work under the control of department administrator.They perform administrative duties like answering telephones, greeting patients, and updating patient medical records. Medical assistants play significant role in the medical offices or clinical environments. However, they don’t make any independent decisions, about the diagnosis, treatment or emergency plan of patients. They are not allowed to perform independent practice.